Even if you follow a healthy lifestyle, stubborn fat deposits can sometimes remain. For whatever reason, the body refuses to burn the energy they contain, stymying your physique goals. Fortunately, Coolsculpting® can help.
Coolsculpting® uses cooling technology to force the body to process and remove unwanted fat cells. After treatment, unwanted curves and bulges appear reduced, making you appear more svelte.
What is Coolsculpting®?
Coolsculpting® is a fat reduction treatment from Allergan – a world-wide leader in cosmetic enhancement devices. It uses a process called cryolipolysis to freeze stubborn fat cells and get the body to remove them.
What’s great about the procedure is that, unlike liposuction, it doesn’t require any penetration of the skin. Drs. Shah, Tanzi, and Peters simply place unwanted fat between applicator plates and leave it to cool. Then the body naturally processes fat cells, reducing the volume of adipose tissue in the target areas.
How Coolsculpting® Works
Coolsculpting® uses the principle of cryolipolysis (“cryo” meaning “low temperatures,” “lipo” meaning “fat,” and “lysis” meaning “to destroy”).
Cryolipolysis works on the fact that human fat cells are more susceptible to cooling than other tissues, such as skin and blood vessels. Coolsculpting® slowly reduces the temperature of adipocytes (fat cells) to between -1 and -4 degrees Celsius, triggering an anti-inflammatory response that causes them to break down. When they do, white blood cells rush to the area, consume them, and carry them to other parts of the body for processing. Evidence suggests that a single cryolipolysis treatment can reduce fat volume at the treatment site by as much as 25 percent!
Benefits of Coolsculpting®
Coolsculpting® at Capital Laser & Skin Care offers a range of tantalizing benefits.
- Reduction in fat mass: Coolsculpting® sessions reduce fat volume by an estimated 25 percent after a single session.
- No downtime: Because Coolsculpting® is entirely non-invasive and relies on natural bodily processes, there is no associated downtime. You’re free to return to your regular schedule immediately.
- Safe: Coolsculpting® is an FDA-cleared treatment, offering impeccable safety.
- Versatile: Patients at Capital Laser & Skin Care can use Coolsculpting® on nine body parts, including the submental area, submandibular area, upper arm, underside of the buttocks, back, bra fat area, flank, abdomen, and thighs.
- Minimal side effects: Compared to other fat reduction surgeries, the side effects of Coolsculpting® are minimal.
Am I a Candidate for Coolsculpting® Treatments?
Coolsculpting® is a potent treatment for anyone currently following a healthy diet and lifestyle who needs that “final push” to achieve their ideal physique.
Candidates include patients:
- With stubborn fat that won’t respond to lifestyle changes
- Who are within 20 percent of their ideal body weight
- Who currently follow a healthy diet and lifestyle
- Have subcutaneous fat that is pinchable and grabbable
Patients with cryoglobulinemia, cold agglutinin disease, or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria cannot get Coolsculpting® and should seek alternative fat reduction therapies.
I was very happy with the service at capital laser and skin care for cool sculpting on my arms. All the staff is very professional and made my treatment comfortable. The results from the first treatment motivated me to lose more weight and lead a healthier lifestyle. It almost felt like a spa day, highly recommended.
Take the Next Step
Interested in learning more about Coolsculpting®? We would love to speak with you. Please fill out the form on this page to request a consultation or call our Chevy Chase, MD office today at (301) 798-9699 to schedule your private consultation at our laser and cosmetic dermatology center, located just blocks away from Washington, D.C.