BBL™ HERO is one of the most exciting broadband light therapies currently available, offering next-gen performance compared with previous treatments. But how long does it take to see results? Let’s find out.
What is BBL™ HERO?
BBL™ HERO is a new intense pulsed light therapy from Sciton, designed to target various skin complaints. Drs. Shah, Tanzi, and Peters at Capital Laser & Skin Care pass a light-emitting device over your skin several times to break up scarring, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and address skin conditions, such as rosacea.
BBL™ HERO offers next-gen performance compared to other broadband light treatments by working faster, generating more intense light, and being more comfortable.
How Long Until My BBL™ HERO Results are Seen?
Most patients see improvements in their skin within one to two weeks after a BBL™ treatment. The skin looks smoother, and fine lines and wrinkles appear reduced.
Older patients often see additional benefits beginning to appear around two weeks after the procedure. Brown and red spots become less noticeable. And hyperpigmented lesions start to break up and get recycled by the body.
After a month or so, some patients may also notice that sun damage begins to subside. Fine lines around the brow, jawline, nose, eyes, and forehead appear reduced. And definition around your lips and other facial features improves.
Attending multiple BBL™ HERO treatment sessions at Capital Laser & Skin Care can compound the benefits. Usually, we space sessions several weeks apart. What’s more, you can combine BBL™ HERO with other procedures to treat more challenging conditions, such as vascular sun damage and rosacea.
BBL™ HERO Benefits
BBL™ HERO is a new and innovative procedure from Sciton that vastly improves on the previous generation of intense pulsed light therapies.
- 4x faster treatment: BBL™ HERO sessions at Capital Laser & Skin usually take around 12 to 15 minutes to complete. For smaller areas, you could complete a round of treatment in just 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3x the peak power: BBL™ HERO contains new technology that allows it to deliver gentle heat to more layers of skin, more intensely, offering up to three times the peak power of last-gen procedures.
- 2x the cooling: Traditional broadband light treatments deliver substantial heat to the skin. However, BBL™ HERO comes with improved cooling technology to make treatment more comfortable for patients.
Am I a Candidate for BBL™ HERO Treatments?
BBL™ HERO has multiple cosmetic applications. You might be a great candidate for treatment if:
- You want to reduce the appearance of deep lesions or have a darker skin type
- You want to fade acne scars and fight outbreaks
- You have vascular lesions, such as spider veins, cherry angiomas, and rosacea
- You want to remove stubborn or patchy hair growth
- You want generally younger and more vibrant-looking skin
Capital laser and skin care is the best dermatology practice I’ve ever been to. I’ve seen both Dr. Peters and Dr. Tanzi, who are both extremely intelligent, caring, highly skilled, practical – and gorgeous! The staff is excellent – very caring, skilled, excellent training, professional, and easy to talk to. I highly recommend Capital Laser to anyone seeking to take fabulous care of their skin. You will be in the best hands here.
Take the Next Step
Interested in learning more about BBL™ HERO? We would love to speak with you. Please fill out the form on this page to request a consultation or call our Chevy Chase, MD office today at (301) 798-9699 to schedule your private consultation at our laser and cosmetic dermatology center, located just blocks away from Washington, D.C.