Capital Laser & Skin Care – Covid-19 Update
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our communities have been though many changes over the past few months, and we know that many of you are looking forward to returning to a sense of normalcy. Recently, Gov. Hogan updated the Maryland COVID19 Response and Recovery Plan to allow the resumption of elective medical procedures. This is great news as it allows Capital Laser & Skin Care to resume dermatologic treatments and procedures. We are thrilled to be able to open the office; however, we will do so with our continued commitment to your safety and that of our team. Cleanliness has always been of utmost importance to our practice with infection control policies that are designed to provide you with comfortable and safe care. You will notice additional protocols in place upon your next visit in response to the challenges of the COVID19 pandemic. Among them are additional barriers at the check-in and check-out desks, hand sanitizing stations located throughout the office, and daily health screenings and face masks on every staff member. In addition, all patients and visitors are required to wear a face mask while in the office.
You will also notice changes throughout the entire process of scheduling your appointment and visiting the office. These changes were put into place with the
safety of patients and staff in mind. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. Those questions will be asked again when you are in the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. This may mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time. As a result, the interval between your appointments may increase as we work to schedule all the patients who want to be seen.
- Patients must arrive on time for their appointment and may be rescheduled if more than 15 minutes late.
- Patients should not walk in for skin care purchases without an appointment. If you would like to pick up skin care, kindly call us to place an order. We have convenient curbside delivery service for skin care products to allow you to remain in your car.
- Whenever possible, we suggest virtual appointments to conveniently consult with your dermatologist from the comfort of your own home.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again soon and appreciate your cooperation with our new policies. If you have any questions about the steps we are taking to keep you, our team, and the community-at-large safe, call us at 301.798.9699.
Elizabeth Tanzi, MD
Geeta Shah, MD
Tania Peters, MD
and the entire CLSC team